Volunteer Aid Nepal Membership
Volunteer Aid Nepal is a membership-based organization, it has provisions for individual and institutional membership. Interested individuals and institutions need to fulfil following eligibility criteria.
Membership Categories and Eligibility
Volunteer Aid Nepal has provision for following types of membership:
Individuals working in Nepal, who believe in volunteerism and development, are engaged in practicing the objectives, principles and values similar to Volunteer Aid Nepal and who agree to work to achieve the objectives of Volunteer Aid Nepal , can become members of Volunteer Aid Nepal . In addition, the individuals applying for membership must be directly involved in the management or facilitation of participatory development processes. Such members have voting rights in the General Council meeting. The General Council of Volunteer Aid Nepal has the authority to admit members according to these rules and regulations and on the basis of proposal of the Executive Committee. The entry fee for this type of member is Rs 450 . and renewal fee is Rs. 50 for one year.
* Should have knowledge on volunteerism & development
* Nepali Citizenship
* Should have at least a training on participatory approach
* Should accept constitution of Volunteer Aid Nepal and will act as per the objectives of Volunteer Aid Nepal
* Should have exposer on development activities
Regular individual members may also apply in life membership if he/she fullfill the following criteria. A one time fee of NRS. 1000/- is payable for life membership.
* Should have contributed Volunter Aid Nepal
* Should have volunteered with volunteer Aid Nepal
Institutional Associate Members:
Organizations including associations and networks of organizations, which believe in Volunteerism and development, are engaged in practicing the objectives, principles and values of Volunteer Aid Nepal and which agree to work for achieving the objectives of Volunteer Aid Nepal, can become members of Volunteer Aid Nepal . Organisations involved in controversy or convicted by court shall not be eligible for membership. Institutional Associate Members have no vote in the general Council. The general council of Volunteer Aid Nepal has the authority to admit members according to these rules and regulations and on the basic of proposal of the executive committee. Institution members have to pay as follows.
Community Based organization Annual (Rs)1000 and Life (Rs)3000
Local NGOs Annual (Rs)1000 and Life (Rs)3000
National NGOs Annual (Rs) 2500 and Life (Rs)4000
International NGOs Annual (Rs)4000 and Life (Rs) 10000
An honorary member of Volunteer Aid Nepal shall be given to any person who contributes to the advancement of the organization and its mission. The honor members are not eligible to take a part in the meeting of the organization but they will remain as a respective person in the organization.
Duties, Rights, and Privileges of Members
Following are the duties, rights, and privileges of members:
* To work actively to fulfil the objectives of Volunteer Aid Nepal and to make its programmes effective.
* To contest elections for the Executive Committee (only for individual core members).
* To cast votes in the election and decision making in the General Council Meeting
* To receive full minutes of the General Council Meetings and summary minutes of the Executive Committee meetings.
* To encourage organizations and individuals to apply for Volunteer Aid Nepal membership.
* To receive first exposure and service priority for trainings, workshops or any other program.
Overseas Corporate Membership
Corporate membership help to support a wide range of community development activities in Nepal.
Corporate Memberships based upon the size of the company:
Less then 19 employees – US$ 200
20 to 49 employees -US$ 300
50 to 100 employees US$ – 700